Choose Supported Independent Living (SIL) housing to receive individualised support and care while achieving your specific goals.
Imagine a world where everyone, regardless of their abilities or disabilities, can live their lives to the fullest. A world where each person has the opportunity to pursue their dreams and live independently with the support they need to thrive. This is the world that the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) strives to create through its Supported Independent Living (SIL) services
ATZ Care is a registered NDIS service provider that has been providing disability services for many years. All our supported independent living providers are specialists in offering supported independent living for disabled people who need the highest level of care. We help our trusted participants live in a home setting and obtain the care and support they are promised to attain their goals effectively. Continue reading to find out how we can help you with supported independent living.
What is included in supported independent living NDIS?
A wide range of supported independent living services may be included, depending on the level of support you require and your personal goals.
Some of the NDIS supported independent living services include:
- Upskilling daily life skills such as cooking, housekeeping, and doing laundry
- Personal hygiene includes toileting, showering, and dressing.
- Overnight support is available for individuals with higher-level needs.
- Group activities like sports and recreational activities
- improving social, relational, and other essential communication skills.
If you have any specific care requirements and goals, we encourage you to have a discussion about them with our friendly caregivers.
The significance of supported independence in disabled people’s lives
It can be a bit challenging for people with mental illnesses or disabilities to live alone or with their families because of their conditions. However, supported independent living accommodations are providing them with a great option with shared housing arrangements where each individual gets the care and support they require without any limitations. Furthermore, opting for SIL accommodation allows them to share the house with other compatible personnel who have the same or similar hobbies and interests. Due to the aforementioned reasons, NDIS participants are showing interest in supporting independent living vacancies.
The Benefits of Supported Independent Living
By opting for supported independent living, you can expect the following benefits:
- Enhanced independence: Supported independent living arrangements are designed in such a way as to enhance the independent lifestyle of each participant. Developing new life skills and confidence, which are essential for independent living, will be addressed here.
- Meeting fellow participants: Meeting new people, particularly those with similar interests, thoughts, and feelings, makes a person feel at ease.Having a conversion, understanding others, and helping each other makes them stronger than ever.
- Personalised support: Unlike homes, supported independent living accommodations are fully backed by all the supporters and equipment that are essential for people living with disabilities. More personalised support provides them with a much higher quality of life experience.
Why should you choose us over others?
We make certain that you share the living space with other participants who share your preferences. To achieve it, we conduct assessments of each individual’s interests, personalities, and goals.
Our SIL accommodation model is unique in that it is designed to be lived by all individuals while meeting their individual goals.
ATZ care may be the best way to begin receiving NDIS support and care, including supported independent living. At the moment, if you believe you may need supported independent living but don’t have any funding in your plan for it, we are here at ATZ Care, available 24/7 to help with your request. Why don’t you reach out to us in order to know whether supported living is the right choice for you or not? Feel free to contact us for further information.