ATZ Care is one of Australia’s leading NDIS registered providers of Support Coordination services, supporting children and adults living with disability.
We are a family-owned and operated provider, and our dedicated focus is on meeting the needs of both children and adults living with a disability in our community.
What is support coordination?
Support coordination helps you to make the best use of your supports in plan. Support coordination is a capacity building support which helps you to:
- Understand and use you NDIS plan to pursue your goals
- Connect you with NDIS providers, community, mainstream and other government services
- Build your confidence and skills to use and coordinate your supports.
A support coordinator or specialist support coordinator delivers support coordination services.
There are three levels of support coordination that can be included in your plan:
- Support connection – This support is to build your ability to connect with informal, community and funded supports enabling you to get the most out of your plan and pursue your goals.
- Support coordination – coordination of supports: This support will assist you to build the skills you need to understand and use your plan. A support coordinator will work with you to ensure a mix of supports are used to increase your capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently and be included in your community.
- Specialist support coordination – This is a higher level of support coordination. It is for people whose situations are more complex and who need specialist support. A specialist Support Coordinator will assist you to manage challenges in your support environment and ensuring consistent delivery of service.
You may also wish to focus on a specific goal in your NDIS plan, such as those related to finding suitable home and living supports. You can use your support coordination funding to work with a support coordinator who has the skills, knowledge and experience to meet your specific needs.